Monday, April 9, 2012

This One Goes Out to My Peeps...

What do you do when it's Thursday night, you're at Walgreens picking up conditioner and contact solution, and you realize you've done no Easter decorating and you might have guests over at the house that weekend?  What, is that some sort of totally unrealistic scenario?  Not if you're me.  So what did I do?  Picked up some Peeps, paper grass and a $6 Easter lily and hoped for the best.

When I got home I pulled out my trifle dish and a $1 bunny I picked up at the thrift store and in about 3 minutes, I had myself a cheap and easy Easter centerpiece:
Yep my matchbook mural in the background, more on that here




And after seeing some inspiration from Hi Sugarplum!, I also Peep-ified (real word, look it up) the Easter Lily to add some extra color and keep the theme going:



We ended up not having any guests but it was still nice to have the house looking festive, plus the hubs made me this awesome Easter breakfast:
You can almost see the envy in the bunnies' eyes.

I'll put his bagel and lox up against any restaurant any day.  Happy Easter Peeps!

Getting my link on:

2 comments:

  1. Peeps are the cutest things!! These are such great ideas! We loved having you at our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday.' We hope you'll be back again soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete